Over 1000 of you joined us for the biggest children’s festival in Yorkshire featuring popular children’s characters, performers, music and entertainment on National Play Day 2nd August.
We had so much lined up for you this year, with special appearances from many of your favourite characters and a whole host of exciting performances. With music, singing, dance, comedy and audience participation.
This was all presented by the incredible Faye and Jez.
You will know Faye from Boom-Chikka-Boom fame and for bringing rave mayhem to families across Leeds. You will know Jez as a previous CITV and CBBC presenter who has become the resident ‘daft head’ in The Carriageworks pantomime.
As well as the stage show there was a host of supplementary activities across the square such as glitter tattoos, den building, a climbing wall, balloon modelling and a heap of exciting entertainment for all!
There was also many other activities taking place in Leeds on Wednesday 2 August to celebrate National Play Day, such as the Light’s City Beach!
Our stage show included…
– Comedy duo, “The thingamajigs” high-energy, fast-moving lycra-clad superheroes.
– Punjabi Roots with their high energy drumming and dance routine!
– The fantastic superheroes show!
– Breeze Has Talent finalist, local young singer Charlotte Pooley.
– Roaming characters including, Rapunzel, Ariel, Spiderman, Captain America, Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Wednesday, Peter Rabbit, our very own Biscuit the Bear and more!
When was it and who was it for?
Child Friendly Leeds Live was made up of two events on Wednesday 2 August and was aimed at children aged 12 and under. The first session ran from 10.30am to 1pm, and the second ran from 2.30pm to 5pm