Breeze Sports Academy
- Provide high quality sport based vocational qualifications in an appropriate and top class sports environment to stimulate the learning of disaffected young people
- Provide young people with skills, knowledge, and confidence in order to help them with the transition into further education, training or employment.
- Focus on young people from across Leeds School's who are in years 10 & 11 and who are 'at risk' / not attending or excluded from school, with a keen interest in sport. Referrals to come from school but could be promoted through other agencies such as social care, police, and youth offending services etc.
- To provide individual nationally recognised qualifications (including; NOCN, UK Sports Leadership Awards - Level 1&2, and Fist Aid at Wok)
- To provide an insight into the wide range of opportunities within employment including those in the sports industry
- To increase young people's enjoyment of sport and physical activity
- To provide individual learning support to young people through a key worker to establish key skills and confidence
- To give workshops on healthy lifestyle choices with the programme
- Provide placement opportunities for young people to gain work experience with qualified staff in the holiday periods
- Key worker to provide a link to the young person's home/school and other agencies they are involved with
- Allow the students to access a wide range of sporting opportunities and to work with professional coaches throughout the programme
- All students from the Year 11 course to exit the programme into the following areas; further education, training or employment
- All students from the Year 10 course to exit the programme into the following; continue onto the Year 11 course, back into mainstream school or move onto another vocational course.